Thursday, March 26, 2009

corporate america but not so corporate

forever 21 is such a grand concept isn't it? provide shopaholics everywhere with discounted clothes that will fall apart in two weeks but keep you out of debt and looking cute til the next paycheck.
except for the flaw that they are so cluttered and disorganized it will take years for you to find what your looking for. and by the time you make it through the oblivious employees to the dressing room, you are in intense need of a serta mattress and a white wine spritzer.
i hate corporate america.
for its cloning techniques and its constant headache giving to my body.
"popular culture is a contradiction of terms. if something is popular, its not culture"-
-vivienne westwood.

which is probably why the idea of working for a corporation gives me the shakes. my adolescent dreams of working for vogue in new york city, were quickly abolished my freshman year of college when i took a trip to kenya. and after spending a month having so little and feeling so full, i knew i could never give myself over to jimmy choo's no matter how tempting. i had to spend the rest of my life loving the unlovable and interlocking hands with the forgotten.

and i am ecstatic to say that three years later, i am near graduating from the pop-christian bubble called lee university and have my first internship with an organization that does just that. my internship.

"may he grant you according to your hearts desire and fulfill all your purpose."
psalms 20:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment